New to SolBridge?

Welcome to SolBridge! 

We are happy to have you as a member of the SolBridge family. This page will provide you with some basic instructions about what to do when you first arrive in Korea. Please fill out the forms in this page and please read the detailed explanation there to understand the steps involved in processing your application.

If you have questions or concerns about any of the things mentioned here, please contact our HR manager Ms. Rigel Guo ( or our HR Assistant Ms. Jamie Do ( When your arrival is fixed, Ms. Guo and Ms. Do will share their contact numbers for emergencies.

Who to contact for help

New to Korea

2020 Living in Korea Guide.pdf

Get Information about Living in Korea

Check the pdf file on the left for some information about living in Korea. Please visit this site for information.

Planning your Arrival

Click here for more information. Note: This is the detailed information provided to our students. Please note that because of lack of resources and scheduling issues, we cannot provide airport pickup for faculty.

Click here to access a short pdf guide prepared by the Student Services team for our students. Note that the residences mentioned in this file are only for students.

Resident Registration Card

Making an appointment for an Resident Registration Card (formerly called "Alien Registration Card', or 'ARC') at Immigration Office

Appointments for requesting your resident card the Immigration Office can be made only when you have already entered the country. Once you enter the country, we will make the appointment as soon as possible.

Please note that getting an appointment depends on how busy the immigration office is. It may take 7-10 days to get the appointment from your date of arrival. Important facts:

Sample Apartments.pdf


You will be assigned an apartment in the faculty dorm (if space is available) or in nearby private apartment complexes which will be within walking distance of SolBridge.


Check this guide for more information.

Equipment in the Apartment

Check the following links (or click on the pictures on the left to know how to operate some equipment in your apartment)

AC Remote (일기장 영문).PNG

Floor heating (난방 영문).PNG

Washing Machine (일기장 영문).PNG

Washing Machine 2 (일기장 영문).PNG

If you cannot find exact pictures of the controls in your apartment, there are more in this guide.

Medical Check-up

After your ARC is released, you must do a medical check-up at a Korean Hospital so that the school can register you under the national health insurance system. These health checks are required for all regular employees at all businesses in Korea. The price of the check-up is approximately ₩50,000.

The closest hospital to SolBridge that offers this medical check-up is located near the bus terminal.

Bank Account

Once you have your ARC, you can open a bank account at KEB Hana Bank. Barring a few exceptions, all salary payments are monthly payments deposited in wons in your Korean bank account.

Bank Address: 841 Daejeon-ro, Dong gu, Daejeon

Bank Address (in Korean): 대전 동구 대전로 841

Getting a Korean Sim Card

Before getting your ARC, you can buy a temporary sim card by using your passport number. When you receive your ARC, you can get a permanent number. 

Useful Resources

Daejeon Peeps

A Facebook group for expatriates living in Daejeon.

SolBridge Flea Market

A page maintained by the students of SolBridge to buy and sell items among themselves.

New Teacher Handbook

Sabashnee Mandy Pillay, Assistant Human Resources Director of Woosong University, maintains an excellent handbook. There's information about Housing, Equipments, Transportation and many other aspects about living in Daejeon. Click the link above or the file on the right.

New Teacher Handbook Spring 2021.docx

New to SolBridge

Faculty ID and Accounts

When you submit the required documents, you will be issued a Faculty ID, an email address (you can customize the "someone" part in, a Zoom account (if necessary), a Turnitin account (if you need to use a plagiarism checker), and a MySolBridge account.

Notes for Special/Guest Lecturers:

If you are a guest faculty member or special lecturer teaching only one or two courses for SolBridge:

Using Zoom (special/guest lecturers)

Check the Online Lectures & Zoom page here for more information, including a guide for first-time users.